EXCERPT FROM THE FREE BOOK ON THIS BLOG:
RATE YOUR SELF WITH THIS TEST
On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being excellent and 1 being poor, rate yourself on the following:
1. INTONATION - Are you on the note, above it or below it?
2. RANGE - Can you get the high notes, the low notes and the ones in between?
3. ENDURANCE - Do you get vocally tired or last for a long time?
4. ARTICULATION- Are your words clear and easy to understand?
5. VOCAL USE versus ABUSE – Do you experience any pain, hoarseness, loss of voice, during or after singing?
6. SING IN KEY - Can you “carry a tune”? Can you sing without switching keys?
7. CONNECTED VOICE - Does your voice “crack” or “break”? Does it sound like you switch gears or hear a drastic sudden change in your sound?
8. BREATHING - Do you know how to breathe?
Without hearing and seeing you, I cannot assess your problems but I can offer some advice on each topic.